How to improve the fresh products division profitability?
We re-organized our order and supply flow management through the centralization of administration and development of a flow through warehouse. By using Logistar, we increased our flow velocity, improved visibility to our supplier’s ability to meet our requests and, most important of all, we gained control over our supplier / store service quality, all thanks to Logistar high availability.
Solutions provided by Logistar OMS
Modify commercial management processes, in particular the fresh products division, in order to maintain high margin levels.
Solution operational mode
The supplier replenishment logic is turned into store delivery logic: centralize flows to obtain logistics economies; decrease stocks through JIT deliveries; ensure high availability of the system.
Logistar OMS set up
- Ordering schedules to generate order planning
- Order processing system: the store orders are transmitted to the supply cells and turned into supplier orders; management of shortages and transmission of orders to suppliers ensured by the system.
- Order availability: the orders are confirmed by the suppliers, the warehouses receive the supplier orders and the store orders.
- Physical process: goods receipt by warehouse, preparation of store orders and delivery to stores.
- Return on information: balance between supplier / store service, from supply cell to closure; invoicing.
Profits and benefits obtained
- Administration costs optimized: reduced the variable costs of store processes
- Minimized stocks and associated stocks.