How supporting increases in processed product volumes while providing an answer to the specific needs of each warehouse and sales outlet?
To handle the unique requirements of our products and customers Logistar, with its combination of WMS Suites, radio frequency capabilities, e-Tracking, EDI services and Web Ordering, brought us a dedicated solution that provided an answer to the constraints imposed by the handling and storage needs of Ultra-Fresh products; particularly by increasing the flow velocity of our products and thereby reducing storage space, Logistar enabled us to improve the efficiency of our organization as well as our productivity.
Yoplait logistics is organized around 3 plants and 4 dispersion warehouses for 2 markets (Non-home based consumption and specifics) on 4 product segments (600 references), and 1,000 sales.
Necessity to pull the flow and to reduce stock areas with the set-up of tools for all the chain, to disperse the order files on the warehouses, to ensure a complete traceability of products, to have a tool supporting business processes.
Solutions provided by Logistar WMS
Creation of a comprehensive warehouse management solution to the constraints of ultra-fresh activities: with, in addition to Logistar WMS, additional modules such as Logistar Mobile, Logistar e-Tracking, Logistar Web Ordering and Logistar EDI.
Solution running mode
The warehouse management solution implemented ensures
- Management of all the instructions when providing a service linked to fresh market (e.g. Shelf life agreement, Non respect of shelf life agreement)
- Management of all the constraints linked to fresh products (e.g. UBD management, product shelf life agreement)
- Management of all the constraints linked to the fresh products logistics (e.g. date sliding, formatting, inserts management, stack preparation, all types of load carriers and shipping formats
Logistar WMS added values for Yoplait
- Guarantied stock integrity, quality of service and product traceability
- Control of provided supply and production instructions
- Supply automation according to the needs
- Preparation monitoring
- Dynamic management of stocks in reserve and in picking
- Movement optimization (thanks to Radio Frequency)
- Post-delivery volume management
- Truck shipping management
- Sales performance monitoring
Gains and benefits obtained
- Facilitate flows between actors
- Process and administrative management simplification
- Stock and resource optimization
- Improved levels of customer service
- Real time activity monitoring