How to modify a traditional logistics organization to be aligned with an e-commerce business model, increase productivity and ensure an optimal profitability level?
Logistar allowed us to go from a centralized model based on a mechanical production tool to a flexible and easy-to-deploy production tool enabling us to be as close as possible to the final consumer. It has also enabled us to adapt our preparation and stocking strategy to face the constantly changing market and consumption habits of our customers.
Production site centralized organization 100% mechanized for all products; a limited production capacity that do not enable to face increases in orders; a lead time that is too consequent.
Warehouse management model to improve production line efficiency
Solutions provided by Logistar WMS
- Model re-designed
- Development model simulation based on small ordered production units, as close as possible from consumption areas
- Recommendation of a new logistics concept: set up of warehouses by geographical area, as close as possible from customer catchment area, suggestion to create local sales outlets.
Solution running mode
- Thanks to non-mechanized productions units, the model is more flexible and handled according to local activity; production units can be duplicated to increase production capacities
- Creation of dedicated processes and services
- Set up of a packaging pre-calculation module
- Design and implementation of a solution for the control of logistics operations
- No reserve stock, implying to know product behavior
Gains and benefits obtained
- Decrease in transport costs, reduction of packaging volumes
- Shorter delivery time
- Improved process and property management flexibility
- Higher processing and customer capacity
- Logistics infrastructure modularity